layla

Thursday 31 January 2013

Short nails...hot colour!

I thought today, that I'd have a go at a nail post, reason being that I haven't done one before and I needed to share my love of all things nail and nail polish related! So here goes :)
With a meal out and cinema date with the girls on the horizon I decided to get ahead and paint my nails, partly because I always end up smudging them when I'm rushing around trying to get ready, and partly because I wanted to show you this gorgeous nail polish by nails inc. The name: Piccadilly Circus!!! How cute! I'd say it's somewhere between a dark mulberry with a subtle hint of brown, and it's very chic...perfect for short nails.
I've never been able to have really long nails as I have naturally short nail beds and small hands, so dark colours always make up most of my polish collection. The reason I tend to go for dark colours as opposed to light ones is that I feel a lighter colour blends my already short nails into my fingers and they don't stand out...in fact it just looks odd! So it's dark colours and black all the way (I may try pastel colours in later spring and summer)
Nails inc do beautiful nail polishes and they always look perfectly smooth when applied. I find that the darker colours have a better finish as some of the lighter colours appear washed out and translucent, even when 2 coats are applied. The polishes are quite pricey, although I did receive this particular shade free in Glamour Magazine, but they are definitely worth their price tag, hence the reason I went out and bought some of my own! I find that they generally last a long time once applied, perhaps 3-5 days or so dependant on how hands on you are. Although 5 days is far too long for me to wait so I do end up taking it off just so that I can change up my nail colour!
To create this look I filed my nails into a round shape, before applying a Rimmel base coat. I then applied 2 coats of the nails inc Piccadilly Circus polish, and finished with a Rimmel clear coat to make them even shinier. I think they look cute! What do you think? Please feel free to share your favourite nail polishes as I'm always looking to try new colours and brands :)

Chow for now lovelies,

Love Kirsty xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment