layla

Monday 21 January 2013

Hurray Snow Day!

When I awoke this morning, the first thing I did was look out of the window......SNOW! The car was stuck down the driveway, the cul-de-sac was covered in fresh snow, and the neighbour's kids were building snowmen...this could only mean one thing...snow day! 
I work from home, so a snow day doesn't necessarily mean all play and no work, but today I decided that I would take the day off and enjoy the snow while it's here. At 24 I should know better, but when your partner's your boss, it's only right to take advantage of these situations :) 
The first thing I did was to take a walk in the snow...warm clothes on, welliebobs on, coat on, gloves on, and one more thing...my new leopard print head warmer! The cold was not going to get to me today. I was in two minds on whether I should be seen in public with this 'thing' around my head as I wasn't so sure that it looked good, but then I thought to myself 'sod what people think, it's freezing outside and I'm going to wear it!' So I did! And yes I did get some rather unnerving looks, but I didn't care, I was snug as a bug in a rug (something my mum used to say when I was little, weird I know!). 
On my return from my walk, I decided to do my good deed for the day and clear my neighbour's drive of ice and snow. I also gritted it for them! I don't think they noticed haha! But non the less, it felt good to have done something nice for someone else :) 
On the whole, my snow day has been a good one. Perhaps building a snowman would have rounded it off nicely..but hey ho, there's always tomorrow! ;)

Chow for now Lovelies,

Love Kirsty xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment