layla

Saturday 5 January 2013

Charity Shop..NOT a flop!

When you hear the phrase 'charity shop', what do you think of? A material jungle full to the brim with ugly clothes and ornaments that not even the most old fashioned people would have in their house? A foisty smelling, untidy, stagnant room filled with dusty ex-belongings of people with no fashion sense whatsoever? Somewhere that just the elderly population goes to? Well I'm ashamed to say that this is what I thought of charity shops...... until yesterday! Now...I love them!
Yes, there are some items that are very tired and dated, but most of the stock is in really good condition (sometimes even new) and you can find some great bargains. Take my recent purchase...a brand new River Island handbag, currently being sold in store, complete with tags, RRP £40. How much did I pay??? Well let me tell you!!! I paid £20! Bargain.
I also purchased a brand new serving dish for £2, a set of kitchen weighing scales for £2, and a Dunelm Mill shower curtain, unused, sealed in the original packaging, for £1.50 (RRP £7.99). I can't believe I ever turned down a trip to the local charity shops, and all because I was too embarrassed to be seen in them!
I will definitely be a regular customer from now on, and will also be donating any clothes or belongings that I don't wear or need, after all it's all for a good cause, and I like to do my bit for charity!
So next time you walk past the charity shop, stop, and take a look inside. Like me, you'll definitely be pleasantly surprised!

Chow for now lovelies,

Love Kirsty xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment