layla

Sunday 12 May 2013

NOTD: Snap, crackle, colour pop!!!

Hey bloggers..so I know I only blogged last night but I just had to show you my adaptation of yesterday's nails...courtesy of a little nail crackle by Barry M.


This little pot of black varnish is amazing! At first I thought that the nail crackle wouldn't work properly as I tend to favour more mainstream brands such as Rimmel, essie, nails inc etc, but I was pleasantly surprised at the results. 

Yesterday's nails were 3 coats of lemon drop by Rimmel, which is a beautiful pastel yellow, perfect for the gradually improving weather! And I loved them, but I just fancied jazzing them up for work today...

So, I painted on one thin coat of the black nail crackle, starting with the middle of the nail and then the two sides so that I avoided applying a thick layer of the varnish and overlapping the varnish (layering this varnish doesn't work!) 

And here are my NOTD!!!! I hope you think they're as great as I do! 


Have you painted your nails today? Have any cool tips or tricks for creating gorgeous nail effects? 
Let me know!!!

Chow for now lovelies,
Love Kirsty xxx

2 comments:

  1. Love the nail effect .....the light yellow color peeking through looks gorgeous..
    Check my blog out I tend to do easy to nail art :) maybe you like them.
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/5117369/asqgenerates
    Do say hi went you come by :)
    xx
    Amna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks..ill be sure to visit your blog :) xxx

    ReplyDelete